CBD has been proven to offer natural relief for over fifty conditions including arthritis, multiple sclerosis (MS), epilepsy, numerous stress-related disorders, and more. While the properties in CBD benefit individuals of every age, it’s now being marketed for senior adults, who battle relentless pain, sleep disorders, and anxiety. Though not a cure, CBD does offer serious relief, and best of all—it’s legal and it’s safe.
CBD is short for Cannabidiol—a natural chemical compound that comes from Cannabis Sativa. Unlike its relative THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD is non-psychoactive. This means it doesn’t make you feel high. In fact, CBD counteracts the unwanted psychoactive properties of THC, including paranoia and anxiety.
In the last few years, CBD has been recognized by health and wellness communities for people of all ages as being a natural, safe alternative to many medications—like harmful sleep aids.
Here are 5 Health Benefits of CBD for Seniors and really anyone:
1. Pain management. Studies show that CBD reduces inflammation and alleviates pain from conditions such as Arthritis, Joint Paint and Multiple Sclerosis (MS). CBD presents a compelling case for pain management among health care professionals and senior caregivers. In fact, experts have found that patients treated with CBD, experience a “clinically significant reduction” in pain related symptoms with little to no side effects.
2. Bone health. In addition to reducing inflammation and promoting cell repair, research has shown that the cannabinoids like CBD can actually help strengthen the bones. And should a fracture occur, CBD has shown promising results in the healing process.
3. Better quality of sleep. CBD has long been noted for its relaxion benefits. It can calm the user and naturally promote a healthier sleep pattern.
4. Lower anxiety. Even in small quantities, CBD can bring a sense of calm and well-being. While we all deal with mood swings, as we start to experience the major changes associated with getting older―like the decline of health, disabilities, or the loss of a loved one–these mood swings can often become debilitating, but CBD can calm the anxiety and help to keep seniors active.
5. Better heart health. By reducing blood pressure, CBD can significantly improve overall heart health and serve as a preventive measure against serious health conditions. It interacts with the receptors involved in regulating your mood (such as the Serotonin and Adenosine receptors). This is why it is excellent in alleviating stress, calming the mind, and improving cognitive functions.
Therapeutic Treats organic chocolates are something that you can indulge in on a special day or any day. Therapeutic Treats blends the incredible benefits of cannabidiol (CBD) with chocolate and fruit, creating an innovative and delicious choice when it comes to healthy hemp chocolates.
If you love chocolate and CBD, then Therapeutic Treats with CBD and Organic White or Dark Chocolates are the perfect gifts to give yourself or your significant other at any time of the year!